Begin your Specialty Gas training when you attend the PSGP University sessions.
Basic Gravimetric Mixture Filling, July 28-30
This course is designed for specialty gas mixture personnel who need the basics of making SG mixtures. Prior lab experience is helpful but not required. This is a 3-day lecture with hands-on lab exercises.
- Mixture calculations: manual and automated methods
- Cylinder selection: CGA connections, materials, test dates, etc.
- Pre-fill inspection: DOT requirements, cylinder damage, safety considerations, etc.
- Cylinder preparation: general and special requirements for certain gases
- Safety precautions: OSHA, DOT and FDA issues
- Partial pressure fill techniques: pressure/temperature, confirmation and compressibility adjustments
- Gravimetric fill techniques: mother mixes, base mixes, sample bombs/loops for PPM mixes
- Post fill procedures
- Mixture vs. analytical ranges
- Analytical accuracy vs. precision
- Scale calibration
- Low PPM mixture techniques
- Purity considerations for critical mixtures
Basic Gas Chromatography, July 30-August 1
This course is designed for personnel who need to use a gas chromatograph. It is a 3-day lecture with hands-on lab exercises.
- Why and how GCS work
- GC components: gas systems, sample valves, columns, detectors, electronics, etc.
- Column selection: when to use molecular sieve, poropak, CTR, hayesep, etc.
- Integrators: operation, programming and maintenance
- Detectors: thermal conductivity, discharge ionization, flame ionization
- Difficult analyses: argon in oxygen, hydrogen in helium, low ppm, etc.
- Carrier gas options and precautions: argon, hydrogen, etc.
- Chromatogram interpretation
- GC parameters and their effects:
- column temperature/flow
- detector current/temperature
- sample loop size/pressure
- Tips & techniques
- Making in-house chromatographic grade helium for GCS
- How to avoid costly detector replacement
- Reliable limits of detection
- Methods to minimize instrument downtime
- How to save over $500.00/year on each GC
Space is limited so don't delay!
Cost per class is $950 per student. Register for both classes for only $1,800!